Thursday 10 April 2014

My brow products (and a first impression)

Hi everyone,

I've been away from the blogosphere for a while now because of school and every deadline under the sun, but I've been spending some money so I'll be doing some reviews/ first impression posts hopefully soon.

Today I'll be doing a post on eyebrow products as I love a good eyebrow, and I'll be giving you an insight on my first impression of one specific product!


At the minute, I use mac eyeshadow in 'charcoal brown' due to Tanya Burr using it on her eyebrows in lots of her old YouTube videos. I love the way my eyebrows look when I apply this, and the application time is literally like 10 seconds, it's so easy!

I used to use pencils to fill in my brows when I first started getting into makeup, however I didn't like the way that they applied, I thought that they looked too waxy and streaky on my eyebrows. However I've since actually learnt how to use them and how to apply it onto your brow. I lightly dash it onto my brows and this makes it look more natural.

The last brow product I have and will be talking about is 'maybelline brow drama', it is a sculpting mascara and just putting it straight out there; I would not recommend!! It looked a dupe of the benefit gimme brow which I have resisted into buying it as I don't feel my brows are the right shape/too sparse to use it. Also it is quite expensive for the little tube it comes in. Obviously I wanted to try something like it before I splash the cash so I chose this product. I am not liking it, it goes on my skin above and below the brow rather than on the actual brow. I did get the lightest colour (there was only 2 shades) because I thought the darkest would be too dark for me, I was probably wrong. I just don't feel it gives any colour at all and it doesn't really shape the brows like what it says it does. Has anyone had the same problem with this product or just me?! Let me know!:)

Anyone have any different brow products they use which they think I should try? I'd love to try more:) Also if anybody has tried the benefit gimme brow make sure to tell me because I do reallllly want to try it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Shame that you haven't gotten along with Maybelline Brow Drama! I love using it, but I apply it over rimmel pencil as a setting format. I do think that it's bad that the shades are so limited, and it stains the skin as opposed to the actual brow hairs. I love it but as I'm using it as a setter, I'll probably be purchasing clear mascara next :) xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete