Thursday 23 January 2014

NYX makeup haul

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received my order from NYX (a makeup brand for whoever doesn't know). It's an American makeup brand, however, has a European online store and it is now sold in selected Next clothing stores in UK! I ordered off the online store and the postage costs a bomb!!! But because I spent over £30 (oops) I received free postage woohoo!

I went a bit lip crazy as you can see but also bought a highly recommended blush

Firstly, I bought a set of matte lip creams, as they were cheaper than buying them separately. I wanted the colours Antwerp which is a coral/nude shade and Addis Ababa which is a hot pink shade so when I saw they was in a set I thought I'd buy it to save money and also try another shade for a cheaper price! My lips are quite dry at the moment so they aren't my favourite things ever at the moment, however they do have a really nice formula and the smell is amazing so I do think I will love these when it comes to spring and summer:) The set of 3 was £12 and called 'Give a Little Love'.
That was all a bit negative but I do like NYX lip products as I have the mega shine set including 'beige', 'natural' and 'sugar pie'. I love them and they smell incredible!!! I just want to eat them haha.



I'm not keen on the colour of this lipstick I bought, it was in the sale for £4 so this is why I bought it, however the colour isn't the same as it looked on the site so it wasn't as I expected it to be. A shame really as It's not a colour I would wear :( 
However, the lip tint is defiantly something I am going to be wearing, in fact I wore it at school today. It's very moisturising and has a great tint. I would say it is a dupe for the maybelline babylips which I reviewed in a recent blog post:) I would highly recommend this lip tint and it was cheap!! In the sale for £3.50
NYX black label lipstick in 'That 70's Pink' and Color Lip Balm in 'Merci'

The last and my favourite item which I bought was a powder blush in the colour 'Rose Garden'. I already had the shade 'Mocha' which I bought for my prom so I knew I liked the formula, and also a lot of bloggers/vloggers recommened it such as Tanya Burr. She used it in her back to school makeup tutorial on her channel and it just made her look so healthy. It is quite a light shade of pink and had gold speckles in it which I love. Because of the gold shimmer it can be worn as a blush and highlighter at the same time so you don't need to mess around with two products in the morning when getting ready (eg for school, this was a lot easier for me)! Overall I love it and it will definatly be my go to blush!
NYX powder blush in 'Rose Garden'. It is £6:)

I also got one other product but I won't be showing that as it is for my friend for her birthday and I know she will read this (she proof reads my posts incase of spelling/grammar mistakes hahaha, as she is an A Level English student. Thanks Em;)) 

Have you tried any NYX products? Or is there any you want to try? Recommend me some as I love this brand!! 

Thanks for reading:)

Love Kieren xx



7 comments:

  1. Lovely haul!!I love that blush:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip creams look amazing, I'll have to pick some up next month :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should:) I'm sure you'll love them x

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try NYC products even though I live in the states... haha, I usually just stick to drugstore brands because I'm a student on a budget but these color are beautiful :)
    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♡ Berry Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defiantly try them:) they're in the drugstore in America, the products are a lot cheaper over there too!
      Kieren xx

      Delete
  4. Thankyou love:) I followed your blog and love it!
    Kieren xx

    ReplyDelete